View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Katie09 View Post
Aren't you smart! You figured it out right away! And you knew it would make your situation worse so you didn't have to listen to YEARS of people telling you that you weren't willing to go to any lengths, that you were not done and to come back when you were, that you needed a sponsor and to follow directions, that you were too smart for your own good, to stop thinking so much, etc, etc.

You're right, I am going to have to push myself to go out and surround myself with people who don't use.

Thanks for your post!

I detect sarcasm....but it's okay...it made me laugh.

Far from being smart, I just avoid uncomfortable situations whenever possible.

I'm one of those people who has a sign on my forehead that says something to the effect of, "I don't believe in any deities, so please feel free, perfect stranger, to talk to me and try to help me find GOD."

About the “associate with people who don’t use” thing. I don’t know anyone around me who doesn’t use, so I don’t talk to anyone.

Perhaps I formed my post poorly…so I apologize.

I want to add that when my heart dropped upon seeing the 12 steps layed out, I had a sinking feeling that I would never be able to beat this thing. I had an assumption for the longest time that I would need to do AA in order to become sober.

I’m so happy I found this website…many here are sober without groups…this gives me hope and strength.

I hope things work out well for you, Katie, whatever you decide to do.