Old 01-25-2009, 06:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
I think it's their defense mechanism kicking in. Try not to take it personally. You KNOW you aren't doing anything wrong! This is just my opinion, but I think it might scare them to see you trying to get clean and back in control of your life. It is a reminder of what they are doing to themselves.
I called a friend last night after posting and he told me I was highlighting their insecurities by quitting and I was better off without them. So... great minds think alike, right? Thanks, TSH.

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
p.s. CONGRATS about school!!!!
Thanks!!!

Spark is right, too. The only thing I have ever done around one of them is get wasted. I don't think I have ever hung out with him when either of us are sober. I think underneath all the drugs and booze he could be a great guy and I see glimpses of it once in a while. The other one is newer to drugs and frankly if I want to hang out with her for more than an hour or so I need to be drunk. That said, when she was thinking about going over there last night I told her we could go do something drug- and alcohol-free so she wouldn't feel pressured to go over there. We see what she chose.