Old 01-24-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nickishine
It's time to change!

I have this problem greatly... I'm actually dealing with the issue now, once again. This has been an ongoing fight I've had all my life dated back to childhood and getting violated. The thoughts (and actions) like "You're not going to tell me...", "I'm gonna do it my way cuz I know best".... the tapes go on and on like that!

Please allow me to dump cuz I'm pretty p o'd right now...

I have a new sponsor and last night at her homegroup mtg (I just returned to mtgs after 4 yrs and this is my 3rd w/ her), when the mtg ended and I got up to mingle and meet some of the women there, she almost literally pushed me back in my seat to sit down and wait for her! Understand, this is a small group, Tahoe is a small community and I know some people in these rooms who want to chit chat and meet new people afterwards and I wasn't "allowed" to! I was livid! It's like "I'm not 5 years old here"!!! Don't tell me to sit and wait while you talk with your friends and I'm a puppet on a string! Pissed me off, but I sat and waited until my ride was ready! I e-mailed her last night and said we've got to talk before I bail. I just don't think this was cool, at all! It's hard enough going back into mtgs as it is and then to not be able to reach out in my fear, but just sit there with the "hurry up and wait" thing going on.... No! I'm sorry! So she already called and left a msg this a.m. and don't want to talk to her when I'm this upset -- still! Any thoughts out there for me??