View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 07:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by bugsworth View Post
Hey Katie! I am surprised to hear how different meetings were back in the 70's. It seems to me from your observation they were much more liberal.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results...aa is not excluded from this. 32 years in and out of the program would lead me to believe that it is not a viable solution for you. I think going to a smart meeting is a great idea. Let us know how it works out!
Thanks Bugsworth. Yeah, those meetings were different. In fact, I went to one maybe five years ago at that same club in MN and the AA meeting ended up being a potluck party. They were still even smoking in the rooms (not that this is a good thing, but it IS more reminiscent of the old days).

I agree that 32 years in and out of the rooms expecting different results in a bit insane. But yunno how it goes...one will be told that one just isn't doing it right.

The primary thing, and this goes for all programs (except Moderation Mgmt) is NOT to pick up a drink. I am on day 4 today and I will NOT pick up a drink.

I'll let you know how the SMART meeting goes.