Thread: Grrrrrrrr
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Wull... someone advised me yesterday on another thread in SC to pray about my dilemma and turn to my HP. I'm still not sure if he was serious or not. "Sorry, dude, wrong forum."

I read through the newcomers forum once and never posted, I just jumped into SC and the women's forum. All the god-talk was a little too much for me.

My turn to vent.

Here's what annoys me: I have a friend who cleaned up by himself. No AA/NA, no internet forums or anything. He decided he was done and that was it, he stopped. I'm very proud of him for it. However, the last time he used we both got hammered and snorted oxycontin. I had a little more trouble sticking to it, and about a week later I did some other drugs (that was the last time I used). A friend told him about it and he called the next day, acting kind of holier-than-thou, and scolded me. "You're a loser, I hope you're still alive this time next year. Do you want to end up like [a friend who overdosed and died right before Thanksgiving]? You're an idiot. Blah blah blah blah." Call me crazy but over several months this guy and I did pot, oxycontin, hydrocodone, methadone, seroquel, crack cocaine, powder cocaine, methamphetamine, and more alcohol than I will ever remember (indeed, thanks to the alcohol I have no memory of several nights). Why does he think he gets to act like Jesus because he had not used drugs in a week?