Old 01-23-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by spark42 View Post
Sorry - text space again (damn this ps3 browser!)

so i kinda think just check out as many aa meetings as possible - they're usually the only game in town - and find progressive ones you're comfortable in.

Don't worry about the hardcore aa'ers telling you you're avoiding the program, or not doing it properly - find your own path!

But for me, this place is unique - fellow recovering drunks who are sober, but who don't and won't accept the concept of god (in any meaningful sense) but who can chat and support eachother - it's wicked (pun intended)

it makes all the difference knowing you're not alone - and us atheist aa attenders are definitely a minority!

Stay free and keep thinking! It's a god (heh! ) given gift!
/irony
What I find amazing is that secularists are much more tolerant and accepting of those who choose to believe whatever. I actually do believe there is some universal force, deity, what have you, but at the same time, if this higher power were to intervene in lives, I think a priority would be stopping wars, death and destruction, rather than intervening in individual's lives in the way that people in AA and in organized religion believe. IOW, God has something more important to do than find me a job or what have you. So I don't know what that makes me.