Old 01-22-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
spark42
sentient puddle

No offence - and i'm not bashing aa - but an agnostic / atheist aa meeting to me seems a contradiction in terms! If they're true to the bb, then it seems quite clear on atheism - convert or die basically!

But most aa meetings i have attended have been ok with people being unbelievers, or agnostic, i think perhaps because "each group should be autonomous" so you do get some easy going groups that don't push the religious angle.

However there are certain groups i avoid because there is a definite push towards belief in a supernatural creative intelligence - they are clear about that, i don't really blame them, they are after all following the big book literally.

There are also people i avoid as they are quite fundamentalist in their religious views and quite intolerant, even defensive, towards an atheist.

But i know of no other group support network that works as well as aa - we don't have any lifering face to face meetings in the uk. I think it's a case of finding ones you're comfortable with.