View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 06:26 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
gmaklay
maklay

Well I'm not out of the woods this time by no stretch. I'm 20 days in this time and still struggling but things are getting better by the day. I'm suffering but know that it will pass. Time is the ultimate teacher and healer...

First and foremost the worry and panic is really adding to your condition at the moment. The thing that you need to reassure yourself is that it is going to pass. The constant worry will drive your anxiety up the wall. I know the first 5 times I took a bath and dressed comfortable for the hospital trip just in case. I drove myself nuts. Go get a check up and it will do you wonders... The one thing that does scare me for you is, that you are suffering so very much and you are so very concerned with your health yet you are still interested in your future drinking. At this point I would think you would never want any part of that again. Not judging just a concern. Remember like Glenn Beck said Alcoholism is an allergy... It's just the way we are wired, we can't make the decision to just have a few drinks and everything will be alright. Our bodies have become dependent on it and we just need to stay away from it.

The anxiety came and went each time for a month or better each time. However I'm a little high strung to start with and feel I might have a touch of anxiety without the help of the poison. My Dr. has already told me I have a bit of anxiety.

Like I said I had one pretty strong anxiety attack today while teaching a class, probably because of all the pressure at the time.

Maklay