Thread: Topomax
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 01:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Jerect))

After we got robbed at work, and I got whacked on the head, I have migraines and PTSD. I am on a combination of Pristiq (anti-d), topamax and seroquel. I also have treximet for breakthrough migraines, though I haven't had to take them, lately.

Done is right about the Topamax, aka "dopamax". My dr. warned me about it, but it only lasted for a few days. It also makes sodas taste really bad, and that has lasted ever since I've been on it.

I haven't had any weight gain from the seroquel, but both the Pristiq and topamax cause appetite depression, so I actually lost weight.

I know you're concerned about all these medications, but I would leave it to his dr. I would prefer not to be on ANY medications, but that is not an option for me, right now. I realize my circumstances are different than your husband's, but as mentioned above, there are several reasons why topamax is prescribed.

With me, the anti-d keeps me awake, no matter how tired I am. I take the topamax and seroquel when I'm ready to go to sleep. I don't like having to take pills to regulate my sleep/wake pattern, but it is what it is. It keeps my mental status on an even keel, so it's worth it.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy