Thread: Topomax
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

Topomax

My AH was just put on Topomax by his DR in addition to him already being on seroquel, Suboxone and Paxil..

I'm trying really hard to stay out of AH's affairs.. but I'm thinking that this is a lot of medication to be on.. My AH was not clear as to why she put him on Topomax.. He said that the Dr. wants to wean him off subs soon and that this would help.. plus he has gained about 40 pounds since October from the seroquel, apparently one of the side affects is craving carbs..

When I researched Topomax it says that it is for people with seizures... my AH has never suffered from seizures so I have no idea why this Dr. would prescribe him this..

Even though my AH seems to be doing very well on subs and he is working hard on his program and changing his life, he is still an addict with a lot of addict behavior and of course he is going to take whatever the Dr. prescribes him..

I was just wondering if any of you guys have had any experiance with this drug and if any of your addicts that are taking subs have been prescribed topomax...