View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 04:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
winnie12

Gwen - that was a great idea you had yesterday. Good for you for the creativity to find something to occupy your mind during this.

I work but i telecommute so I'm always home with my kids and I dont get out much. I'm usually very busy but when I'm not as busy the thoughts and the depression can really sneak up on me. When I look at my self and see i have on the same jammies I had on two days ago its usually an alarm that says I'm sinking again. The more I sink the worse i usually feel physically. I dont have the medical issues you do but even being a healthy person I can feel a difference in myself when I have a day filled with positive things I'm doing and those days that I let it all get to me and just give in. I think all docs agree that physical pain and illnesses are lessened when the mind is strong and positive.

My son who is medically fragile has been laying around my house for a month now and i can already see physical changes in him for the worse. I try not to dwell on it since its temporary but the less he does the worse he feels - and of course in the back of my mind I know that the worse he feels the more likely he is to use. His of course is controllable and doesnt have the pain element but when he gets in a down state of mind he is less and less likely to take care of himself and it just becomes a vicious cycle.

I think we have an innate need to make a contribution to the world, whatever that may be - so keep doing those good things you are doing - by helping others (even the creatures of the world) your are giving yourself a gift.