View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 09:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
ChrisClark

I actually was drinking 5-7 nights a week for years and usually really heavy every time. I basically used the principle that I had more fun being drunk than being sober to justify drinking on a daily or near-daily basis. And once I would get started, it was always more fun for me to get drunker and drunker than to just have a few.

Here's some questions for you:
1. How long did you have to wait the last 5 times for the symptoms to go away?
2. If I take a long period of time off drinking (3-6 months) and then just try 2-3 beers only once or twice a month, am I going to feel all the symptoms again and have to wait for my body to heal all over again? I know I can stop myself after 3 and limit the drinking to once every other week or once a month. However, I do not want all the withdrawal symptoms to return. Will they? Will i have to wait 2-3 months to heal again just from having 1 or 2 drinks?
3. I am still getting tingling (pins and needles) through my face and sometimes my arms and legs. Tomorrow will be day 21 of being sober. I am getting worried that these pins and needles will never go away? Did you have this symptom the other 5 times? How long before this went away?
4. I feel like things are getting slightly better from week to week but not much...and if I have a time of high stress...all symptoms get fully activated and it's almost unbearable.

Keep me posted about how you're doing and I will do the same.