View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 06:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
gmaklay
maklay

Originally Posted by ChrisClark View Post
That seems very depressing to me that I can possibly never drink again. I never again want to get drunk or go on a multi-day drinking binge like i used to. I would be happy with 2-3 drinks once a week or every other week. It is nice on special occasions or when out to dinner for instance. I am only 25 years old. The rest of life is going to be very difficult for me if I am unable to drink EVER AGAIN. Does anyone else have any experience with:
1. Having the symptoms that I listed
2. Abstaining from alcohol for 6-8 weeks+ or whoever long it took for the symptoms to go away
3. Trying to drink again at some point down the road (NO MORE THAN 2-4 drinks once a week or every other week)

If so, what happened? Did all your symptoms come back? I have read online that you get higher chances of withdrawal if you drink 2 days in a row or more or drink heavy. Would I be able to drink 2-3 drinks once a week or once every week in the future if I made sure to limit myself? I really don't want all these symptoms coming back once I get rid of them...but I also don't want to remain sober for the rest of my life, given that i'm still very young.... :-(
This is my 6th withdrawal in 2 yrs. Like you I'm not an everyday drinker. I'm not one who walks by the beer cooler and feels drawn to it. I go months without drinking, however when I finally let my family or friends talk me into having a drink with them. I have 4-5 this time then I feel not problem so the next night I have a few more, next thing I know I've been drunk for 2 weeks and then decide to cut it off to go back to work. Trust me, we can't just drink sociably. It isn't really up to us. Our bodies are dependent and there is nothing we can do, but not drink. I even had my gall bladder out in November thinking that was what was making me so sick. So I drank for the holidays and here I am 2.5 weeks later with the worse withdrawals I've ever had. All the symptoms you've described. Sitting here wondering the same things you are, how long will it last.... Will it ever end... We'll the answer is yes, it ended the last 5 times I did it and it will end again.

This time I won't fall for the ole c'mon just have a couple, because I'll be crawling out of my skin like I am right now as I type. They will go on with life as normal.

Since we are in the same stages what do you say we partner up? I'll keep you informed day to day on the board here on how my symptoms are and you do the same. Each afternoon let's take the time.

I'm 18 days in and still suffering each evening.. Most of my anxiety and panic attacks take place after about 3 PM. The panic attacks are usually about 6-8 pm like clock work. I have muchos nausea but it could have alot to do with the lexapro I just started.

Let's just use the pain that we are going through as a reminder of why we don't want to drink that one drink.

What do you say???? I need help through this one myself.... This one is my worse yet, and I've had some duzzies!!

Maklay