Old 01-20-2009, 03:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lynette57

Thanks for the encouragement.

Today we addressed the dental issues.

AD always took great care of her teeth, and in the past 3 years not having money or insurance, she let this go.

Lucikly only 3 teeth are in bad shape. I used to always wonder how someone could just lose a tooth, now I know. I have become non judgemental in so many ways now understanding how life can take people in ways you never dream.

Sat at the dentist with her, as she said she felt stupid and embarrased for htese problems.

I now know why. She did not explain her issues at first. The hygenists started on her after looking at her xrays from a few years back. My daughter asked her to be gentle, as opiate addicts have pain receptor problems for a while.

Then the dentist kept saying her name and shaking his head over and over.

I explained to them all that yes she had been through something, and that she is here now for repair.

And sometimes they might not realize what path a patient has been on, and had I not been there she might not have come back.
They apologized, said we didn't know. I feel a patient should be treated kindly if they are paying and wanting work done.

AGain she is stepping forward on her own to clean up the mess that her life had become.

I am hoping I am not being co-dependent just being an advocate for what kind of care she gets.

STanding by here in this recovery for both of shows me just how easy it is to judge and throw people away.

Thanks again for letting me share and for the support.

I mostly read here since alot of my own issues are helped and reinforced with others posts.