View Single Post
Old 10-21-2001, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Teresa.B

Dear Smoke,
It is not me who has a three year plan, it is Skeptical who replied to my post. I'm just living day to day. I realize that recovery doesn't happen overnight as much as that reality hurts. I believe my husband does want to get better, and that this recovery period goes up and down. I have tried to get along without him and have started to do things that make me happy,and being with him when he is sober does make me really happy. He is an awesome dad and wonderful husband, but when I found that credit card, it was like he lives a whole different other life that I'm not a part of. It is really hard to understand this thing and I just don't know how much longer I can carry on. I also have 3 boys who are 61/2, 5 and 11/2 who adore their father. Its not just my life I have to think about. I have gotten my own bank account, the bills are getting paid, we have food on the table, the debt he has created is his own, but I can't help but think that in the end if this carrys on that we will all be affected. Do I wait and see, or do I devestate my children by making their dad move out. I just don't know what to do.