View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 08:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GwenMarie30

Thanks for your post Ben. I am seeing a pain management doctor on thursday. As I was making the appointment I rattled off the list of medications and she interupted that he wont be prescibing ANY and I stress NONE narcotics. Well that all fine by me as thats the reason Im seeing a pain Doctor. But seriously, why cut out a way of pain managment right off the bat? Im happy to give anything a try.

And like I said in the begining of my post, I AM SO VERY LUCKY, truely I am, that this is all tht I have to deal with. Its a humbling expireince to know that at least I have a life to live and yours will be coming to a close too soon. I am truely sorry Ben for your ALS. Thank you for giving me that today. Makes me take a step back and think and be grateful. But I will continue to seek treatment and keep my sobriety. And maybe with a little more appreciation that I will live longer today.

You have my deepest sympathy. Im not sure thats even the right words. But I will keep you in my deepest prayers tonight.