View Single Post
Old 01-22-2002, 07:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wife
Paused

Hi mother, I'm home... No really, just a little humor for you....
I know things are funny for you right now, and wasn't making light of your situation..When my dad detoxed from alcohol, he had convulsions, and all sorts of things. He damned near died, but he DIDN'T. Going through detox from such a prolonged use of alcohol is quite shocking to the system. My dad drank for my entire life, and was detoxed after using for probably around close to 40 years. First he will get through this, he is being closely monitored by the docs, it is not for you to worry so about. Let God and the docs take care of him for now. Once he gets through this, he will have to work on his recovery diligently. I would suggest you run, not walk, to the nearest al-anon meetings in your area. They can provide the much needed support for YOU during this time. They can also help you understand about yourself, and how to be happy with you. Your husband will have to make his own decisions about what choices he will make concerning his recovery, and so will you for yourself. So remember you, you know the one inside your skin, and take care of her. Pamper her, and love her very, very much. Be gentle with yourself, and know you will always have love and someone here who cares about you. Take care!
As always~
The Wife