View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

1. Has anyone experienced this whole host of symptoms? I know a lot of these are common withdrawal symptoms but please be specific if you have gotten them all comprehensively (or at least close) Some of them, but not all.
2. Will these symptoms go away if I stay abstinent? How long do I have to wait? Will they go away completely with continued abstience or am I stuck with some of these symptoms for life? I would suggest seeinig a doctor who specializes in alcoholism, all of the results of my drinking have either gone or are vastly improved after over 2 years sobriety.
3. Does anyone have experience with the tingling/numbness, heavy anxiety and paranoia, and the lightning feeling...and also has experience with stopping drinking and those symptoms persisting for some time? If so, how long did it take for them to go away? Did they ever go away completely?I would suggest seeinig a doctor who specializes in alcoholism, all of the results of my drinking have either gone or are vastly improved after over 2 years sobriety. I did experience all of those.
4. I am very worried that I did permanent damage from that one heavy bender. I feel very foolish for continuing to binge for 15 months after that event (having a few more close calls in the meantime) but it is easy to ignore the problem (as you all know too well).
5. Will I ever be able to drink in very strict moderation way down the road (say in about a year?). I am an alcoholic, there is no such thing as moderate drinking for me, thanks to the program and fellowship of AA I can honstly say that I could care less if I ever have another drink.
6. Are there any supplements or other advice you can give to get over the symptoms quicker?I would go see a doctor, I can tell you that a well balanced diet, a muli-vitamin, a B-Complex vitamin, & exrcise will help with your physical recovery.