View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
peace&happiness

Unhappy My husband left me today

Hi

My husband left me today. He tearfully told me that he loves me, he loves the kids, and he walked around the house looking at each room of our house. He asked if he could take pictures with him. I told him he could. I told him that I don't want him to leave. I told him that I love him. I told him that I will and have prayed for him every day. He did take the 'big blue Alcohlics Anonymous book' with him. He took AA numbers. He cries a lot, and I've never seen anybody so depressed in my life. He does have an appointment with our counselor on Tuesday. It's really hard for me to accept that I can't comfort him, and he does not have the ability to address my needs and comfort me. But what I want to know is: Is this pain for him 'normal' can this be a pain that he has to go through to find recovery, and peace? When I was in labor with my first child, I was surprised and scared by the pain of labor. I looked at my nurse and asked her if that is what I was suppose to feel, I asked her is this intense pain normal? She looked as me warmly and said, 'Yes, this pain is normal, and you will have a happy ending'. Is this the same thing? Is the pain that my husband and I are going through "normal" to achieve recovery for both of us? I will continue Al-Anon. Thank you for 'listening'.

Jane