View Single Post
Old 09-13-2001, 08:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kathy
Paused

Unhappy Don't Understand!

I'm new to a relationship with a man who has been in and out of treatment and AA for a lot of years, right now he's out! He keeps talking about going back to AA but always has some excuse why he can't make it! I know this is normal behavior because I've met some of his friends from the program and they've helped me to understand some things. I'll be going to my first Al-Anon meeting tonight but I don't know what to expect and I'm sort of nervous! I think this man is worth sticking around for but last night I got a phone call from a friend and he accused me of having another boyfriend and just left my house! Then he came back not 5 minutes later and stood and looked at me crying and then left again! He had been drinking earlier in the evening and I didn't think he should have gone but I couldn't have stooped him if I had tried! My only fear was that he wouldn't make it home. The odd thing was that as he was leaving he kissed me goodbye and said he'd call me tomorrow, that he wasn't trying to hurt me but had to protect himself! I don't understand his response to a simple phone call or what he meant by that statement! Any insights? I'd love to hear someone else's opinion!
thanks,
Kathy