View Single Post
Old 10-26-2001, 04:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
smoke gets in my eyes

Hi'ya Bunky!

We're all too busy being offended by our addicts to be offended by you. Sound off, girl!

I have cruised the web a bit, looking for alternatives to "anon" groups for those of us who love addicts, and there's really not much out there. I don't think our problem is so easily recognized as addiction. There are a few, though, so try searching using the keywords al-anon, alternative and (your city or state).

Not everybody here is "stepping", and not everybody who goes to al-anon meetings buys the whole ball of wax. We still have a lot in common, and info. and ideas will surface that you can use.

Because of my work, it is impossible for me to attend meetings. That is what makes this forum a blessing to me.

Keep on posting! We'll be your "group" if you can't find another one you relate to.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Smoke

Oh, and p.s.
You said you're "not sure" it's for you. It's okay to go to some meetings and find out. You may find that the steps make more sense to you as you see how other people apply them.

[This message has been edited by smoke gets in my eyes (edited October 26, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by smoke gets in my eyes (edited October 26, 2001).]