Old 09-08-2001, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mindybadger

Faith,
Shew, I was beginning to worry that I offended you...I think you have a good attitude! Good job! I'm sorry your husband seems to be in denial. Sometimes it seems like it's easier for men to look the other way instead of dealing with their feelings. Although, the women in my family are the Queens of Denial - so I'd better not be sexist here. It seems like you're trying to make the right choices for yourself, and you're being thwarted at every turn. This is strictly MY opinion, but I think getting out of the house would be the clearest message you could send to your husband that you've had enough and set your boundaries (something I'm struggling with). May I suggest going to an intervention workshop or talking to an alcohol/drug counselor? There's always an AA hotline where you could talk to somebody. Not to pound this into your head, but it's really important: Go to Alanon. It has helped me so much. I initially went when my boyfriend was still drinking and being abusive, and was just so angry I didn't go back for quite some time. Now that I've finally gone back, I'm so happy. It's just nice to be around people that have gone through similar things, and they're so kind. Don't try to do this alone. I hope I'm not sounding preachy again. Please take care and keep posting. Please feel free to email directly at [email protected]. (am I breaking a rule here?)
Peace,
Mindybadger