Old 09-02-2001, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Faith
Paused

Post I'm new to the board and need someone to talk to

My son is 27 years old and is an alcholic.I like Colleen don't know how to handle this.He is still living at home with his dad and I.He has not worked in monthes and continues to drink.His friend who is also a alcholic buys his booze for him.His friend is working.My son has a six year old son of his own.My grandson lives with his mother.My son is very far behind in his child support payments.On July the 2nd my husband wrote out a contract giving our son until Sept 1st to be out of the house because of all the problems with not working and of course his drinking.We just can't take it anymore.i have gotten information for him to get help for himself but he hasn't even attempted to getany help.My husband and myself do not drink and never have but we both come from a family where both our fathers were alcholics.Yesterday marked the 13th anniversary of my brother's death due to his being a alcholic.He tried running across a frreway will drunk,his blood alcohol level was 24.He was struck by a car and killed.he was only 31.Now we are dealing with a son that refuses to leave the house,we are renting and refuses to get any help with all his problems.I don't want to put him out with no where to go but I feel like I will have a nervous breakdown very soon because I just can't watch him destroy himself anymore and I feel we are not helping him by allowing him to go on living his life this way.He is always talking about killing himself and says the only reason he hasn't is because of his son.I am considering leaving my self just in order to stay sane.Can anyone advice me as to what I shgould do. TIA