View Single Post
Old 02-01-2002, 05:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RovenRev
Paused

I believe the person who initiated this post shared that she is experiencing "Anger" and "Low Grade Depression" I did not see anything that even remotely suggested issues of an "Organic Nature." She asked for an opinion...I gave mine...She indicated concern over medicating.

A complete psyco/social history, clinical assessment and clinical testing with a Licensed Clinical Counselor, Christian, or non-Christian would be where I would begin...(before I sought out medical care...with the symptoms you suggest a medical doctor who is worth his/her weight would refer you for counseling before medicating) A counselor is trained to identify areas that may need to be looked at more closely. He or she is also ethicly bound to make a referral if after consulting with the client, both agree that this is in their best interest.

IMHO Medicating for "Anger" and "Low Grade" depression impeads the counseling process because you are counseling someone who is in an "altered state." Again, I am not referring to diagnosis that identify Organic damage, severe clinical depresssion, or a history that would find a "legitimate" bipolar diagnosis.

If you want to learn how to deal with your anger and cope with life's problems...work on those things that are causing you inter/intra personal conflict...Don't numb them with drugs...

With that said...Church, Prayer, Individual and Family Clinical Counseling, Nar-anon / Al-anon is my suggestion.. (I came back to add: Use of this forum and fellowshipping with others who have ES&H is also an excellent source for coping.) This is my opinion, and is only an opinion based on the information presented.

P.S. To Social Worker..I am a Licensed Clinical Christian Counselor...who also suffered with anger issues and "low grade depression"

[This message has been edited by RovenRev (edited February 02, 2002).]