View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
doorknob
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by least View Post
I can only say that whatever 'option' you have to/choose to explore, do it with as open a mind as you can muster. I threw a big fit when I went to rehab last year (all three times) cause I can't stand being told what to do and when and where, and can't stand so much 'structured' time... but in the end, it was worth it. It didn't end up keeping me sober tho, I had to finally want that for myself - glad I finally did!
I went to inpatient treatment in 2001 on my own accord and stayed sober for almost 60 days. Then I was forced to do IOP and aftercare a couple of years later because of a DUI, and relapsed through the whole thing. I've made many attempts at sobriety since, and right now I've been sober longer than I ever have before. Even though my treatment (which was Choice Theory based) didn't keep me sober, I did learn some stuff to use for future trials, and it gave me a pretty good taste of living sober. Now it's a matter of wanting it, puting forth the effort, and using all the resources available to me.