View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 02:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tailspin, you are not stupid nor crazy, just codependent like most of us here and it sounds like you are doing healthy things for yourself to regain your balance and to find peace in your life.

Sadly, active addicts are not capable of keeping promises, nor of loving in a healthy way because they can't even love themselves when using. And nothing you do or don't do will change things for him, only he can do that when he is ready. But you can change yourself and your circumstances, and it sounds like you are making good choices.

It doesn't matter what drug they choose, a drug is a drug and whatever they use will usually take them back to their drug of choice. My prayers go out that he will see this and find a better path soon.

I often say that I wouldn't wish my life on my worst enemy, but nor would I trade a single day of it with anyone. I would not have found recovery if I had not been through what I had experienced, and recovery has brought me to a beautiful place with my life, better than anything I might have found had my life been different.

Hang in there, keep doing good things for yourself, and one day your life will also be beautiful again, regardless of how his addiction and recovery may be going.

Hugs