View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 07:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
CleanandSober44

Originally Posted by sicilia1414 View Post
Hi all,

please please PLEASE listen to me...I was on benzos for years. I started when I was 15 and stopped when i was 25.

getting off them is NO JOKE. the withdrawal is real and it is not in your head.

you have to do it slowly, as slowly as you can. even if it seems ridiculous, get out a razor blade and only cut teeny tiny bits off every few days.

i was on klonopin and ativan. i got up to 10 mgs right before I quit. I did not taper off them slowly enough, and it was the dumbest mistake i ever made.

It was the hardest thing I have ever done, but I learned from it. The benzos do not help. they just cover up the issues. that is what i have realized about alcohol too. The benzos will work for a while, and then you will have to take more and more to get the same effect.

but believe me, if i can get off those pills anyone can. there is an awesome forum like this for benzo withdrawal, i will find it and repost. without that website i would not have made it.
Hello sicilia1414, Id like to hear more about your wd from klonopin. When you got off them, did you have bad symptoms after getting off them? Please tell us more about it. Im tapering off now. Thanks, Michael