View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 09:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
felicidade

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
So, is the big unsaid thing being said that you support him financially? You pay the way and he does what he wants?

That's how it was in my marriage for a long time. I held on to the belief that it was only temporary. And when he did make a little money, he always contributed what he could. He had me convinced that he was doing all he could do.

I have since realized that I do not want or need a "partner" who cannot pull his own weight and contribute his fair share to the relationship, financially and otherwise. He convinced me that I was a greedy, selfish, biotch for feeling this way. Guess what? I'm not!

I don't know if this is how it is for you, but your post reminded me of how it was with me.

L

Thank you so much. That is exactly how I was made to feel by him and his mother. That I was money hungry and selfish, and he was just trying his best. That my focus on his bringing home more than $200/week was causing too much pressure. Thank you for saying this. Even though I know better now, deep down I still had this doubt. painful doubt.

Last edited by felicidade; 01-07-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: sp