View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 12:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Amy))

My heart breaks for anyone living in active addiction. It's a miserable place to be. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not - your description of your home life shows all the signs of an active addiction household.

So, when our loved ones are at the worse - it is our job to be at our very best. By our very best - that means taking good, healthy recovery oriented care of YOU!! Detaching with love, healthy compassion without enabling - even with your Dad - can be good to help them see their life for what it is and still allow you to maintain some sort of a peaceful life while living in chaos.

Remember - no matter what - it is NOT your responsiblity to fix it, make it better, show them the way, get any one help, monitor pills, play the go between, mend fences, heal wounds and repair damaged feelings.

It is only Amy's job to take good care of Amy.

Step-mom's job to take care of Step-Mom.
Dad's job to take care of Dad

Detachment allows them the dignity of finding their own path & their own self-worth.

Wishing you serenity, peace & joy my friend - Know this ain't an easy path to walk - but I have faith in you & your HP - you can do it.
Love ya,
Rita