View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
SelfSeeking

Hi Eroica, some crappy things have happened to me while in this early sobriety spot... no breakup (knock on wood) but some heavy duty nasty experiences. I found my AA support system, especially my sponsor, incredibly helpful. Even if AA doesn't work for you, I would recommend reaching out to whatever your sober support system is, and some of it should probably be f2f, if possible. Then I reminded myself that since I was going through it sober, I was making the best possible choices and _really_ coping, not just getting wasted and putting coping off for another day. When you go through it sober, you start to realize that if you hang out with the bad feelings, they eventually pass, and things get better. Feeling bad really is NOT going to kill you. You don't have to drink to kill the feeling.

Does that help?

*sigh* I'm visiting my fiance who lives many states away from me. He threw a big fit last night because I feel like I can't drop my job and move away from where I'll be in school in the fall to be with him. He left the house and bought a bottle of wine which he proceeded to have a couple of glasses of while I was trying to talk it through with him. I'm still sober. Feeling exhausted, sad, and in need of a meeting, though.