View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 01:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Need some feedback

About a month ago, my stepmom was locked up for trying to get a fraudulent prescription filled, and was getting lortabs from a friend, in addition to the ones she got by prescription.

My dad was forced out of his denial of her addiction, and she was begging me to help her with this problem.

Now, a month later, I am ready to wring both their necks.

Dad took her to the dr. yesterday. When I got up, and was getting ready for work, I asked him what she got. He just said "the same stuff she always gets..pain pills". He had no clue as to how many, and snapped at me "how would I know? What difference would it make, when she's in pain all the time?"

She got out of bed, (this is at 3pm) and he asked her how many pills she got. She got 90 lortab 10 mg, to take one, 3 times a day. I said "so, in a week, you should be down 21 pills". She snaps "it doesn't MATTER how many I've taken in a week".

Dad tells me she's been doing better and that jail scared her and since she has a prescription, she knows if she runs out she can't get any more until it's been a month. I ask if she's had any pills since she was arrested, and can't get a straight answer. She's ALWAYS had a prescription, ran out, which is why she got them elsewhere.

Honestly, stepmom doesn't have a lot of options to get pills elsewhere, as dad has control of the finances, and she can't just leave the house without someone knowing.

My question is, am I overreacting? I see red flags everywhere, but they act like I'm the meanie, and trying to stir up trouble. I did tell dad, that if she got to where she was passing out again, or did anything stupid, he'd better not DARE to say "why didn't you tell me" again.

I'm trying my best to let this go. When I was leaving the house, I told her I wasn't trying to be mean, I was just concerned. She said "I know, I just don't want my nerves to get bad", which is another excuse for her to get numb. MY nerves were pretty frazzled, and I wanted to just escape, but I went to work.

I tried prayer, said "let go and let God" a zillion times, turned the radio up loud so I couldn't hear my own thoughts. Finally got distracted at work, when we had a lot of customers with adorable kids. It just irritates the crap out of me, that I let this stuff get to me.

I feel better now, but then I knew I would, as soon as I could get to my SR

Hugs and prayers!

Amy