Old 01-01-2009, 11:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

hi

my experience is that i was given antabuse to make me sick if i drank anything at all and anti depressants to help with the anxiety etc. also i see a counseller 2 times a week, its an effort but beats the alternative.

been sober 10 weeks+ now and happiest i have ever been, started spanish lessons and fitness training so not heading the dry drunk route.

i will go down to aa this year as it is obviously important for support and also to remind you why you stopped in the first place as time goes on, also you can work the 12 steps to improve your life as well.

i tried to quit 100's times in the last 7 years and could not go more than a few days too so its a bit of a miracle for me! also i was drinking everyday!

took rock bottom for me to do something about it and ruined every single relationship, friends, family etc that i have ever had so i would heed the advice of Ago and worry more about yourself than him! By all means, if you have not done so yet, make an appoinement for the counseller, find out meeting of AA, look up the drugs (im on paxil and antabuse, there are others), go to docs for advice on withdrawls and then present to him in a manner of sort it out or im offski...if he fails to make an effort you are totally wasting your time!

good luck and hope he gets it, took me ages!!!

x