Thread: Change of Plans
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
GiveLove

I LOVED that book. Also anything by Barbara Stanny........and have you ever read/done the steps in "Your Money or Your Life" ? I have a new version of that on its way to me (me, who never actually pays for books...) because it absolutely rocks.

Yeah, the Alcohol Culture just doesn't cut it for me. Something has shifted in me. The word "party" seems to be synonymous with "let's all get wasted" nowadays, and it often seems like a big uncomfortable waste of time & life. I used to think that going out to bars with friends was absolutely the most fun a person could have. But now I find myself looking around and seeing all the drinkers, hearing them get louder and louder, repeating stupid things over and over, starting to act weird/flirt/argue/spill/forget things because of the alcohol......and I wonder how I could ever have found that interesting.

Sometimes you can meet a few nice people and make interesting connections, but I can do that almost anywhere.

Glad you had an okay time, TC ---- happy 2009. I hope it's your sweetest year yet.