View Single Post
Old 03-29-2002, 01:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pernell Johnson

Eyes, the sermon on "Blind Faith" is a powerful sermon and I appreciate you sharing it with us. Clancy is a favorite of mine. Hi Clancy, you seem to be seeking in all the right places. This new site does give air to a Higher Power. It is a worthy quest to identify your Higher Power or at least a Power greater than yourself that able to restore you to sanity. The Second Step, I like to have another say on that if you all will bear with me.

Step 2
Grandiose Thinking
Bible Reading: Daniel 4:19-33
We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

When we are caught up in our addiction, it's common for us to deny the truth about our situation with grandiose thinking. We may believe that we're above it all, a god unto ourself, accountable to no one.
In his day, Nebuchadnezzar, king of ancient Babylon, was the most powerful ruler on earth. He believed he was a god and demanded to be wordshipped. Through Daniel God said to him, "This is....what the Most High has declared will happen to you. You will be driven from human society, and you will live in the fields with the wild animals....until you learn that the Most High rules over the kingdoms of the world and gives them to anyone he chooses." (Daniel 4:24-25).
This happened just as Daniel had predicted. At the end of the king's time in exile, he said, "I...looked up to heaven. My sanity returned, and I praised and worshipped the Most High and honored the one who lives forever....When my sanity returned to me, so did my honor and glory and kingdom....with even greater honor than before. Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and glorify and honor the King of heaven. All his acts are just and true, and he is able to humble those who are proud." (Daniel 4:34,36-37).
We are not God; we are accountable to God---a higher power. This higher power can remedy our "madness" and restore our life to be even better than it was before our season of "insanity." God will do so if we entrust our life to him.

NEBUCHADNEZZAR's Dream about a Tree
King Nebuchadnezzar sent this message to the people of every race and nation and language throughout the world:

Peace and prosperity to you!

"I want you all to know about the miraculous signs and wonders the Most High God has performed for me. How great are his signs, how powerful his wonders! His kingdom will last forever, his rule through all generations."