Thread: What a night
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by tennisgal View Post
Well, I've officially been awake for 29 hours now. The worst 29 of my life. Background: I'm 23, an alcoholic drug abuser who has been sober for a little while now. My fiance is also an alcoholic and drug abuser, actually the one who showed me my probs when he was sober. However, he has been going downhill for a while and tonight I got the dreaded call. He was in an accident, hit a parked car (nobody hurt, thank God), and I went to pick him up from the hospital. He was so drunk he was barely coherent and I was going to stay with him at his place to make sure he was ok. When we get to his place there is a girl in his bed, I say nothing, tell her to stay on the couch as she is drunk as well and wait to talk to my fiance. Well, he is crying and saying he loves me and how can I not trust him and so on and so forth. I am being very calm, and I finally get it out of him that he cheated on me. I make sure he is ok and get ready to leave, he turn and says to me that he loves me but he will ruin my life and to get as far away as possible from him. Then begs me to stay. I'm at home now, feeling awful, and getting cravings... of course... but i dont no what to do. I love him so much, but I know what can happen to my life if i stay with him. He seems unable to stick to his recovery and I fear that in a weak moment I'll mess up as well. Im just stuck here and cant seem to make a decision. It would be smart to leave, but what should I do or say if I stay? His mother says to give him space and let him hit bottom, is that whats best? I don't know... any and all opinions welcome and as usual, I hope everybody needing the help of this forum finds it. Ya'll are all in my prayers.

Please please please, leap into "recovery" as if your life depended on it, because it does, your recovery, not his, I see more people "go out" because of relationships then maybe any other reason.

Do you have a sponsor? Can you call the local AA hotline and have some women come get you and take you to a meeting?

It's time for you to take care of yourself, please, you are worth it.

nothing brings us to our knees more or harder then relationships, please please please go get help, you don't have to be alone, you don't need to do this alone

Please, I beg of you, take care of you, don't let him "take you out" please

make some phone calls....please.....don't do this alone, don't be alone