View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 06:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
hmbld

Originally Posted by Ocnblu View Post
Hi all. I am new here and am so glad I found this site. Seems as though there is a lot of knowledge and experience here and I could really use some advice.
I'm not sure I have any sound advice for you, but I sure can commiserate with the debt situation. I gave my AH the boot and that lasted until I took an in depth look at our debt situation. After a month he was back home because we simply just couldn't afford a mortgage and rent. I've got myself on a 2.5 year get out of debt plan, it'll probably take more like 5, but I'm striving for 2.5 years. As for now we tolerate each other the best we can. It's better now that I don't really give a flying crap if he drinks or if he doesn't, just so long as he stays out of my way and doesn't try to engage me in conversation.

I've been told that I should just leave and be done with it, and that I can start over, and I know that, but it isn't what I want to do at this point. I am bound and determined to buy him out of our house. And yes, I know, it's just a house. It's not really the house that I am clinging on to, it is the principle. He's taken enough from me already, he's not taking my house too.