View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 10:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JerseyGirl

Fill him in or let it go?

Met ABF back several months back - he was sober at the time - we dated, not serious, fell out of touch. during that time he started drinking - when I came back into the picture he was in a bad way for well over a month....was not at all the person I knew from months prior......during that time, I was mostly around as a friend....and he is now almost 2 months sober.

He recalls very little of the time he was drinking......just a vague recollection of bits and pieces of things from about a 6 week period....nothing is complete or in order, and HUGE chunks are missing.

During this time, he said some really sweet things, but also said and did some disturbing things. And told some whopper lies. Lots of them.

Sometimes now when we talk something he said/did during that time comes up and he seems shocked that he said/did these things. And mostly, in comparison, they are the minor things. He will initially ask - did that really happen? But he knows I am telling the truth.

So....question now is....do I tell him some of the more disturbing things he said/did.....so he realizes exactly how bad he was (and how much I went through sticking by his side).....or do I just keep it to myself. Would it benefit him in any way to know? I personally don't feel the need to dump it on him, I took it for what it was then and can easily let it go on my end...but I do wonder if it would be beneficial to him....or do more harm than good?