View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 06:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
nocoincidence56

It's What's Inside That Makes The Difference

After reading this thread I see myself not too long ago. As Jung described Alcoholism/Addiction: "..a spiritual quest for wholeness" I saw myself as one seeking that "wholeness" by any means possible from the outside world. The idea of a higher power (i.e. "God") was repugnant to me. Maybe I've studied too much science, Oh Well.... Anyway, as time went on thinking my answers would come from something I could put in myself, it became clear that would not work. After finally just "Letting Go" (to what ? I don't know, didn't need to at the time) I understood it was me trying to hold on to whatever thinking "I" could handle it which brought about my torment, so by giving "it" to what/whoever is out there, that life changed for the better. Remember, everything we have been searching for from the outside has been on the inside all along, we just couldn't find it. It is with that "unsuspected internal resource" that I have my relationship. From it comes a quality of living which effects all areas of my life. For that I am grateful. For some, to name it is to diminish it, so whatever you find that works.....................