View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75
krhea75

Bizarre phone call

So my son has been in the county jail for 6 weeks, and he has 2 weeks to go. I have been learning the reality of taking it one day, one hour at a time. Son has been going to classes and work, so he has been out quite a bit, and I've gotten to see him briefly a couple of times a week. He does seem to be doing okay, counting the weeks, and for the most part staying positive.

Then tonight i get a phone call from someone who says he is from a nearby county jail. I noticed before I answered that the phone id said "private caller" which usually means someone is blocking their number for you to see. He asked me if I knew where my son was. I said he was in jail. He said that they had a warrant for him. I asked what for. He said armed robbery. I asked when this robbery was committed and then he hung up on me.

It sounded like a man,not a boy playing a joke. It scared me so bad. I called my ex and he called his brother who is a cop. He checked the computer and there are no warrants for my sons arrest. Which means that someone did this for the heck of it, I suppose? Why would someone do this? Could it be something that hadn't made it into the computer?

If someone is joking, it makes me feel ill that people could be that cruel. I can't imagine any of his friends even thinking of me or hating me enough to do this.

Anybody out there have any thoughts on this? The call took place at 7:00 on a Saturday night. The guy also told me to have my call him when he got out of jail. That seems a little bizarre. Thanks for any input you all might have about this.
krhea