View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
splendra
the girl can't help it

Originally Posted by Sugah
I wonder, if my brain were scanned, if these deficiencies in the limbic system would still be present? Is the 12 step model of recovery a means to change brain
chemistry?
Yes, I think if the 12 steps would bring up more about brain chemistry and homeostasis and less about isuses many more people would be helped!!!
Your brain would most likely show subnormal results. However((((Sugah)))) you have learned to adapt and you have done a wonderful job of getting yourself back. My brain would also most likely show sub normal results.

I am sure of one thing I would rather be sub normal.

((((IOStorm)))) good for you in standing up for yourself!!!!

(((((((Doorknob)))))) at least you are aware of what is happening and your journey is not over.

((((Chooose2bhappy)))) so glad you learned to swim.

((((nogard))))I am glad you are taking as it comes and so glad you are here!!!

((((chiynita)))) thank you so much for your valuable input!!

((((pam08))))) looking good gal and I can tell you are on the right path.

(((((Horselover)))) thank you so much for your support you are so cool.

(((((cassandra)))) that was a very good question you asked thank you so much I would hate to think that someone would have wondered about that and not asked.
((((anton))))I hope we all stay mad and stick together to change the way people treat us and discriminate against us and treat us as though we are worthless
((((mac911))))) you as well thank you for the great question.

((((RZ))))) couldn't be the same place without your humorous way up bringing up the truth!!!

Look at all these beautiful people here getting it WOW I am amazed at you all