View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 07:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
smoke gets in my eyes

Re: Mine's in jail too

Mornin' MG.

You know those drug awareness classes they teach in public schools? They really did a number on me. I was terrorized at the age of six and have never touched a hard drug in my life, unless you count pain meds at the hospital. I wonder if there ever will be classes that address the emotional health issue of coping with drug and alcohol users. I am so proud to know you MG, and awed by the metamorphosis you have achieved since you started to focus on your own recovery. And I feel so sorry for that girlfriend. I was like that girlfriend. Nothing in my life prepared me for the Dino-go-round. The midst of crisis is not a welcome time to hear "don't help". We're already in protect/save mode, which is after all, a noble instinct and one that serves in many cases. Obviously drug awareness classes don't work on everyone, and drug-user awareness classes wouldn't either... but maybe they could help at least some people steer clear of the rescuing type behavior that allows the user to keep using drugs and/or the rescuer.

It's evident that your recovery is serving you well, but I know it still is a big disappointing bummer. You are the greatest.

HUGE HUGS!!!!!! (((((((( MG!!!! )))))))))
Smoke