View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 05:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

(((exgirlfriend)))
Welcome

I feel like such a fool. He makes good money so he will never hit rock bottom.
all addicts hit rock bottom eventually.. doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, it will happen. Right now he is making enough money to support his habit but what happens when he looses that great job due to his drug use, what happens when he gets arrested for buying something at the wrong place at the wrong time? That may not lead him to rock bottom just yet but I assure you one day he will get there.... he just has to be sick and tired of living with the person that he has become

I can't seem to forget him or move on cause he has called me a bitch, ****, loser, stupid, sick in the head so many times i feel i cannot do any better,
Sweetie, this is called emotional abuse and YOU can do better.... Never ever let anyone control how you feel about yourself.. Of course he wants you to feel that way, in some way you are giving him what he needs... most addicts who are activly using are very selfish... they manitpulate people into staying around so that they can use them to support their habit.

plus i do not want to walk away, i could never forget myself if something happened to him.
As long as he is using something will eventually happen to him whether you are there or not... YOu can't worry about what will happen to him if you decide to leave.. The real question is what will happen to YOU if you choose to stick around? Do you think it's fair that you have to compromise your happiness and well being because of someone elses problem.

I also can't stand the thought of him hating me but he is getting to the point that he will not talk to me, or phone me
Consider yourself lucky that he is getting to the point where he will not talk to you or phone you... use this time to dig deep within yourself and figure out why it is you are so dependent on this relationship for your happiness.

I told him a couple days ago that i knew everything and he was not welcome near me or near my apt
GOOD JOB!!!! That is your first boundary... something that you have done for yourself... please stick to that boundary... I know it hurts... God I know it hurts but it will hurt worse if you continue to let him stay in your life...

I am so scared to move on, why can't he love me
(((((exgirlfriend)))) He cannot love you because he does not love himself... you cannot give something to someone that YOU don't have... does that makes since? There is a sticky at the top of this forum titles what addicts do... Read it.. it will tell you why an addict cannot and does not love anyone..

I know this hurts but addiction is an ugly life full of hurt, lies, secrets, frustrations and insanity...

Please keep posting here and may I suggest that you find an alanon or naranon meeting that you can attend...in there you will find the tools to help you detatch from this relationship..