Thread: Feeling Down
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 01:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BatzMaru

Originally Posted by Alaia View Post
Bartz...my ex-abf was/is a heroin addict. Please be careful and watch his actions. They are very manipulative and have an encyclopedia of lies to use on you. My ex went to detox at least 4 times while I was with him. It was the same thing every time. He came home...all gung ho about his recovery only to go about 30-60 days and then relapse again. I always tried to believe he wanted to be clean. Good luck, be caucious and make sure to take care of yourself.
How did you find the strength to go through that 4 times? Why didn't you give him an ultimatum? Do you think it would've made a difference or is the addicted mind to selfish and arrogant? I feel that I should give him an ultimatum - if he relapses, I leave. But I am so scared that he will relapse (based on statistics alone) that I haven't found the strength within me to give him an ultimatum. I know that I should set my boundaries sooner rather than later. Honestly I don't know if I would be able to follow through with it, which is probably worse than not saying it at all.

Also, i noticed he is your X-ABF. If you don't mind sharing, what was your breaking point?