View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ananda

the key thing here bam is to focus on that she WANTS to understand....that is really the important part....No one can understand me exactly I mean it's impossible...but we can try our best...

What helped me was posting on SR...even if I was a creep about it, then a friend called and was able to gently point out some stuff I need to look at, and mostly just by listening in a non-judgemental way and really thinking about a response....then, and this was key too....I was able the next day to talk with my sponsor who supports me and even if she doesn't get it...she wants to really bad.

Now...that may not be a solution for you bam, but you seem to really try to utilize SR and do your best..thats all anyone can expect. I really think the face to face councoling will be helpful, but it does take time to build a relationship and history to wher they can be of maximum helpfulness.

Using SR pm and chat too ..... I've grabed a friend in chat several times when i felt the earth was shattering and i was about to fall apart...

Just hang in there and keep finding new options to try.