Thread: he's still here
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
brundle

HUGS!!!

Keep on working on your recovery. All that stuff he's saying is just his way of putting the blame on you for the fact that he ruined HIS life. The truth is that once the addiction gets to a certain point the addict usually messes up their career or just doesn't have the drive they once had. It has NOTHING to do with you.

Addiction also loves keeping "loved ones" off balance. What better way then loving one minute and talking of leaving the next. We end up confused and trapped. That's why we need recovery too.

I know it's hard, but don't listen to him. His words are addictions poison darts shot to confuse your mind. I try reading as much as I can on addiction and co-dependency. I think it really helps.

I'll be praying for you!

PS. I've come from lots of money; had little money; now have lots of money. It doesn't mean anyone is better then anyone. In fact when I had very little money was the only time I had no addicts in my and my children's lives and everyone remembers it as our most happy time! I'll take that trailer park any day!