Old 12-08-2008, 07:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ago

"periodic Abuse" isn't "well being" either FWIW

There were times I could "drink normally" 8 out of ten times maybe, I just couldn't always tell you when those eight times were going to be, and I qualify as an "Alcoholic" so much it's not even funny.

Abuse is an entirely separate kettle of fish though IMO. I mean drunk people puke and crash cars and sleep with your relatives, but only "abusive" people are "abusive" the drinking has nothing to do with that, even if it only occurs when she's drunk, that's my experience, is there is something going on there, like Hunter S Thompson put it, "Fear and Loathing".

/shrug

This is just me, but one alcoholic in my life is enough.....and that's me, we're a frickin handful, first year of recovery is fun too, like a dozen kittens...cute, fun, cuddly but then they wreck all your furniture and poop all over the carpet and stuff...If she decides to get sober I guarantee there will be times when you want to throttle her and think that maybe a drink isn't such a bad idea for her..and maybe 2-3 for yourself wouldn't hurt either.....lol.....sorry

Sorry, kind of a "fey" mood right now, overworked atm and getting ready to go on vacation in a few days so I'm kind of "amped"

Anyhow, Good luck, and I approve of your boundaries, I realize you are in a lot of pain, but it seems you are making the right choices.

Also, FWIW in my experience, whether I was addicted to Alcohol, Drugs, or a Relationship no matter how many times I removed "the problem" like the alcohol, or the Insane abusive drunken Girlfriend, something seemed to keep popping up until I realized "the problem" was me all along.

I had to realize for myself healthy people don't hang out with delusional binge drinkers that say hateful awful things to them on a daily basis.

Took awhile and some doing though.

Just something to think about if you should ever find yourself in a Deja Vu' moment sometime in the distant future...maybe you just got unlucky though and this is just an anomaly though, it happens.

Anyhow, sorry if I'm not coming off well, stressful day, and I was probably "triggered" by her "abusing" you, then seeing you make excuses for her (it's only when she's drunk), and after living through that crap for 18 months I'm still a bit sensitive, that sh1t pisses me off, but feel free to fill my PM box with like dirty kitty litter or something, and good luck.