Old 12-08-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bernadette

Hey Coyote --
your post made tears spring to my eyes-
My Dad always loved decorating the house -sometimes my sister and I would be like "Dad! Enough!" He would just roll his eyes and giggle - he liked a good ribbing from his DD's.
When I was 19 and had moved away to New York City I came home for Christmas - when I called to tell him what time my train was arriving I said "I hope you haven't gone nuts with the house this year"- and he said "Oh, no not at all" He met me on the train platform wearing a Santa beard and hat - and when we got home I found he had not gone crazy with the house but had decked the halls in my sister & my old room! It was incredible - fairy lights all over - revolving color wheel in the corner - pine branches around the windows!! We had a great time me playing "exasperated" and him playing "what'd I do??" It was the kind of thing that only could have happened after he found recovery - by then he had been sober/recovered about 4 years..life was good...

You're building marvelous warm memories for your DD! You made me really miss my Dad!!

peace & happy Christmas!
B