Old 12-08-2008, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

OT- DD and I enjoying our Christmas lites

Well we had A LOT of errands and things to do this weekend, and some how I neglected to hang up our Christmas lights. I know, I know, Bad daddy.

Any who while driving around today at work I began to dread this project, its cold and will be dark, and all the other reasons I could come up with. But from Alanon and living with a 7yo, I've begun to explore "thinking OUTSIDE the box".

I decided why in the world would I hang beautiful, blinking Christmas lights "OUTSIDE", when we spend most of our time 'INSIDE"? I know, I couldn't come up with a good answer to that either! :wtf2

So now we have 23ft of beautiful, multicolored, flashing no less, Christmas lights around the "INSIDE" of DD's bedroom window. Now as she nods off to sleep she will have a large smile plastered to her face, and I've been elevated to my proper status as "best daddy in the world". Everybody's a winner!

We even decided why in the world would someone take down such beautiful lights just because it wasn't Christmas any more? I know, we couldn't come up with a good answer for that either!

Merry Christmas every one and God bless us all, :praying
Coyote

God!