Old 12-07-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
spda

my recovering alcoholic and i have been distant and disconnected since he became sober. i am having a hard time with this. since sobriety its all about work work, his kids and that his ex wife is doing well. i can relate to your words, the difference is i do have friends and family.

have you started attending AA or Alanon? you didnt state. i have been feeling alone for a long time but is your alone because he doesnt pay attention to you or because you deep down in your soul feel alone? you may have to explore those reasons. if you think a guy is gonna make you feel whole remember that doesnt truly work regardless if he is recovering, a non alcoholic or full blown. my ABF now ex told me i was the love of his life when he was drinking. i believed him. now in sobriety he is clueless to his feelings towards me. i pray every day, i try and keep busy, i contact friends, i attend alanon and now i am on this site doing what you are doing...trying to find insight to stop the pain.

good luck! i hope that you figure where the loneliness is deriving from....best to you!!!