View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
GwenMarie30

Well I have to say my firt thought when I read this was he was again trying to get you to feel sorry for him. I think also when you say, go get help then "we" may have options. He succeded in his message to text you. He just wanted you to think about him. Nothing about you. Just him and how he was sorry. I dont mean to be harsh. I just giving you my opinion. Did you spend the night thinking about him? Think about what a good man he could be if only he was clean? Got you thinking about the what ifs? That is an addicts game. Thats how they suck you in for however much they can. They want to make sure that you dont forget about them even if its the negative things. They want to keep that open. I did the same thing. I was sorry. But until I did something to prove it like go to meetings or rehab that sorry was empty.

Dont let him win again. Not even one small victory as text in reply to his excuses. Dont cause yourself more misery for one second by opening the message. Delete it too. Or if you read it dont reply. Not until he say I went to a meeting or I went to rehab. Only then maybe you can find some sympathy for him.

Big Hugs.